ON a sunny day in October, a young Falmouth Town Reserves side got back to winning ways with a hard-fought 3-2 win against a typical Perranwell side who never gave up to the final whistle.

The Reserves were boosted by the return of Max Everall who has been performing fantastically in the 1st team squad for the last month or so, and he didn’t flatter to deceive having a hand in all three goals scored by Town.

Town started brightly working the ball well which culminated in the 22nd minute with a great break down the left-hand side from Everall who put in a teasing cross which Charlie Edney superbly finished to put Town 1-0 up. After that, It wasn’t long before Town made it two. George Evans played a great ball through to Everall who put in another superb cross and again Edney finished to make it 2-0 in the 26th minute.

Perranwell, however, never gave up and on the 40th minute pulled a goal back when Town gave the ball away and, from a cross, tucked it away nicely at the far post to make the score 2-1 to Town going into the break.

Town's new signing Darren Davey was replaced at half time due to injury with young Ben Martin coming on for his first game of the season and in the very first minute of the second half had a fantastic chance to score but miscued his shot with the goal at his mercy.

It was end to end stuff by now but Town had another massive chance when from a well worked corner, Evans miscued his shot from 5 yards out….

This nearly proved costly as 5 minutes later Perranwell were awarded a penalty that they scored and at 2-2 it was anyone’s game but Town dug in and started to play some really free flowing football with Edney going close again to nearly complete his hatrick.

It came down to the 40th minute when from a fantastic run with the ball from Tom Fisher beating 3 or 4 players before he was brought down just outside the box. Up stepped Everall to smash in a free kick which the goalie did well to save but in doing so, he pushed the ball out where unluckily for Perranwell it rebounded off a defender and went in the net..

It set up a really tense last 5 minutes but Towns defense stood firm and they went home with all 3 points.

Town's manager Jon Perrow said: “It was a tough game on a tough surface but the boys dug in and got the result they deserved…The shape was much better and when you have a strike force like we have we are always going to be dangerous in front of goal. We have another tough match this coming Saturday against a very good Mousehole team which will show us where we are at so far in the season….Be a great challenge for the lads but something the lads are really looking forward to”.