ALL the attention in the premier division of the Kernow Stone St Piran League (West) was focused on title chasing Mousehole Development’s visit to unbeaten challengers Illogan RBL.

It was the visitors who took the spoils by the narrowest of margins with a 1-0 win thanks to a second half blockbuster by Kyle Fraser. Illogan missed a great chance before Mousehole scored when they had a penalty well saved by the goalkeeper.

St Day remain a point clear at the top after they demolished Helston Development 6-3 at Vogue Park and Porthleven, who are also in the mix, had a clear-cut 4-1 win against Wendron United Reserves.

Falmouth Town Reserves’ impressive run of results saw them move into third place after winning 4-1 at Redruth United following their 7-1 thumping of Wendron United Reserves in midweek. Connor Gilbert scored for United.

Pendeen Rovers’ run of success came to an end at Kernick Road where they went down 2-0 to Penryn Athletic who scored a goal in each half through Rob Wearne.
Hayle chalked up their sixth successive win with a 3-1 victory at St Agnes. Cameron Irish, Aidan Murphy and Zack Williams had their goals.

In the Tracy Banfield Cup St Just pulled off a narrow 3-2 win against visiting Torpoint Athletic Reserves. The visitors scored through Aaron Fullerton and Tom Rothwell.

Praze-an-Beeble suffered their first defeat of the season in division one (West) when they went down 3-1 to a very good at St Ives Town. Max Clymo, Liam Cregan and Harvey Troon netted for Town whilst Dan Bray replied for Praze.

RNAS Culdrose, who have had points awarded to them from their defeat at Ludgvan, consolidated their fourth place with a 4-2 win over Camborne SoM. Jamie Thirkle, Frank Arthur, Dylan Doyle and Ashley Mellows scored their goals.

Mawnan are close on their heels after they had a comfortable 7-1 win at Threemilestone. Jago Taylor hit a hat-trick with the other goals coming from Luke Wort, Ben Harris, Harry McMellon and an own goal. Matt McElroy replied with a howitzer for the ’Stones.

Hayle Reserves were in top form against St Day Reserves and raced to a 6-1 victory with goals from Alistair Pearson (2), Joe Gordon (2), Corey Angwin and Josh Bevis.

The was no shortage of goals in the match between West Cornwall and Porthleven Reserves which ended in a 3-3 draw with Joseph Bray scoring a 90th minute goal for Port. Josh Padgeth and Dan Parker had the other goals with George Brown (2) and Robertas Sumnauskas replying for West Cornwall.

Leading 2-0 at half-time, unbeaten Ludgvan edged out Helston Development II 3-2.

THE Bond Timber Cornwall Junior Cup second-round ties generally survived the wet weather at the weekend with unbeaten New Inn Titans being fully extended at Constantine before pulling off a narrow 3-2 win.

Falmouth United were comfortable 4-2 winners against Troon Reserves after notching goals through Mike Rollason, Archie Beckinsall, Ethan Body and Cameron Hamshaw.

St Ives Mariners also pulled off a surprise win after defeating St Day III 7-1 and Stithians had to work hard for their narrow 2-1 win against Lanner after Treve Bale scored a 85th minute winner. Bale also had the first goal with Kyle Hocking scoring for Lanner.

Wendron United IV gave a determined performance before going down 5-4 to division two side Perranwell Reserves after extra time. Tom Collins, Finn Hibbins, Scott McElwee and Guill McIvor scored for United.

St Erme proved too strong for Pendeen Rovers Reserves and ran out 5-2 winners with goals from Brandon McDonnell (2), Thierry Murley, Kyle Savin and Jacob Pendle.
A hat-trick from Sam Pullen helped Probus brush aside Lizard Argyle 4-0. Gabriel Rojas scored the other goal.

RNAS Culdrose had a thumping 5-0 win against Goonhavern and Mawnan Reserves’ match at Redruth United Reserves was called off by the referee just minutes before kick off with both teams changed and the referee citing the goalmouths were unplayable.

Other games postponed were Carharrack v St Keverne and St Buryan v Holmans SC.
Frogpool/Cusgarne’s run of success came to an end in the Kernow Stone St Piran League division two after going down 4-2 at Newlyn Non-Athletico.

Frogpool/Cusgarne Reserves ended Penryn Athletic Reserves unbeaten record in division four and moved to the top of the table after they narrowly won their clash 2-1.

Perranporth hammered Constantine Reserves 7-0 to move into second place and 
Storm got back to winning ways after they trounced Lizard Argyle Reserves 6-2 with a hat-trick from Tom Ford and two from Colin Manley. There was also an own goal.

Helston Raiders were beaten 6-2 at Wendron V after scoring through Kieran Ludkin and Chris Simon. United’s goals came from Sam Fuller (2), Elliott Thomas, Lee Padgeth, Scott Richards and Ryan James.

There was no shortage of goals in the match between Dropship Reserves and St Just Reserves which ended in a 4-4 draw. Dropship’s goals came from Taylor Hosting, Tyler Prescott (2) and Corban Dowling.