The White Tigers got back to winning ways with an impressive 2-1 away victory over Chelmsford City in the National League South.

Second-half goals from Sam Sanders and Harvey Greenslade gave City all three points and their first win in seven league matches.

In an entertaining, end-to-end but goalless opening 45 minutes, City had the best chance to break the deadlock on 37 minutes.

Sanders played a low cross in from the left, picking out an unmarked Andrew Neal at the back post but he was denied by the glove of the home keeper.

Chelmsford had good chances in the first half. James Hamon was forced to parry a shot away from the edge of the box before they won possession in the middle of the park.

A defence-splitting pass cut through the Truro backline but the finish, from a tight angle was way off target.

The second half saw both teams go in search of the elusive breakthrough.

The hosts had a dangerous ball drilled across Hamon’s goal, but nobody was there to tap home.

Up the other end, Ed Palmer got on the end of a Will Dean free kick, but he headed wide.

Chelmsford then had two big chances go to waste. Firstly, Hamon made a brilliant diving stop to push away an attempt.

Moments later Truro had another big let-off as a shot at the back post was blazed high and wide.

City were defending valiantly and were frustrating the hosts, restricting them to shooting from distance.

Truro opened the scoring on the 68-minute mark. Ryan Brett’s exquisitely placed corner was headed home by Sanders from close range giving City the lead.

That lead lasted all of four minutes. A ball into the box found Charlie Ruff who headed back across goal over Hamon and into the net, pulling his side level.

Two minutes later Truro had regained their lead. Harvey Greenslade was played down the right by Tom Harrison, he beat his man for pace, drove into the box and drilled the ball past the keeper at his near post.

Chelmsford were reduced to ten men on 85 minutes. Captain Dave Winfield was shown a second yellow card for a foul on Ben Adelsbury.

The hosts searched for a late equaliser and despite seven minutes of injury time City held firm to claim a massive three points on the road.