LAUNCESTON 1 FALMOUTH TOWN 3 Falmouth Town had to come from behind to stretch their unbeaten run in the Carlsberg SWL to 13 games and gain revenge for the two defeats the Clarets inflicted on Town earlier in the season.

Town were without the holidaying Bradley Ralph, so Phil Smith played from the start. With a small squad already thin on the ground, assistant manager Kelvin Hunkin was named amongst the subs.

With the wind in their favour and playing down the Pennygillam slope, Falmouth failed to use it to their advantage.

After 15 minutes, Town were awarded a free kick on the edge of the Launceston penalty area. Jake Hartigan floated the ball over but Tom Chambers' header fell wide of the mark.

Town were unfortunate in the 34th minute when Nancarrow supplied a pinpoint cross and although Mike Body escaped his markers, his header went wide. Five minutes later, Tom Sundercombe crossed the ball for Hartigan to shoot but Steve Oliver deflected the ball wide for a corner.

The home side took the lead, against the run of play, in the 40th minute. Once again it was arch nemesis Liam Tilley who scored. A poor cross from the left found Dan Rodgers, who somehow managed to lift the ball high and out to the right where Liam Tilley managed to volley the ball on the swivel past Penhaligon from 10 yards.

Player manager Penhaligon ripped into his team at half time after what was a disappointing first half display, but the rollicking paid off because Falmouth were a completely different side in the second half.

Town pulled level in the 52nd minute. They were awarded a free kick after Dan Tilley bundled Body over. Hartigan floated the ball to the back post where Chambers was on hand to head it back across goal, and Body pounced to side foot home from four yards.

Six minutes later Town were in front. A Phil Smith throw-in was missed by Oliver, leaving Sundercombe free to crack the ball home from the edge of the box. The ball squirmed under the body of Harris, but it was Sundercombe's goal.

Launceston missed a glorious chance to equalise minutes later. A dangerously high bounce caught Penhaligon in two minds and as he back-pedalled, Chambers was back in double quick time to help snuff out the danger which Lee Doncaster did all by himself when he blasted the ball almost out of the ground from six yards.

Former Town player Farnham had a disappointing game as Town skipper Martin Day did a superb job keeping him in check throughout, especially in the first half.

Falmouth wrapped the game up when Body turned provider as his awkward cross eluded everyone except Bradshaw, as his first touch of the game was to control the ball, and his second touch to blast home past the unlucky keeper.

History was made in the 88th minute when assistant manager Kelvin Hunkin replaced Body. At 48 years old, he became the oldest player ever to represent Falmouth Town AFC. The previous eldest were 41-year-old Neil (Jock) Allison in 1951/52 and Martin McGee whose only game was in 2002/03, ironically at Launceston in a 0-6 reverse the last time Town lost at Pennygillam.

Falmouth are still unbeaten since Boxing Day but following last night's visit of St Blazey on Good Friday, Town entertain Porthleven with a 12.30 pm kick off.

Town: G. Penhaligon, P. Smith, M. Day (Capt) L.Whetters, T. Chambers, J. Isbell, N. Campbell, M. Body (K. Hunkin), T. Sundercombe (A. Bradshaw), D. Nancarrow, J. Hartigan. Sub (unused): J. Winters.

n Along with Truro City, Falmouth Town have been fined and have had three points deducted for player registration irregularities.

TAVISTOCK 1 FALMOUTH TOWN 3 Falmouth Town consolidated their fourth place in the Carlsberg SWL with a battling win at Langsford Park in midweek.

Tavistock took the lead when poor defending allowed Paul Adcock to lay the ball back to Will Westlake who let fly from the edge of the box and his effort gave Penhaligon no chance.

The equaliser came in the 34th minute. It was Tom Sundercombe who finished a long mazy run from inside his own half with a low shot from the edge of the box.

Town deservedly took the lead in the 57th minute when a Hartigan corner was headed into the net by Lee Whetters under close attention from Westlake, and although Howells' managed a touch, he couldn't stop it entering the net.

Nancarrow had a glorious chance to increase Town's lead to 3-1 but he stumbled in front of goal although Howells still had to make the save to concede the corner.

From the corner came the goal to make it 3-1. Nancarrow's flag kick found Whetters again who managed to outjump the 'keeper and head home his second five minutes from time.

Town: G. Penhaligon, L. Whetters, M. Day, T. Chambers, B. Ralph, T. Sundercombe, N. Campbell, M. Body, J. Isbell, D. Nancarrow (S. Hill), J. Hartigan (A. Bradshaw). Sub (unused): C.Cocks.