St Austell 1, Falmouth Town 3 MARCELLO JONES scored twice as Falmouth Town dumped holders St Austell out of the Walter C Parson Cup in their second round tie at Poltair Park on Saturday.

Jones scored in either half before Jordan Annear netted Falmouth’s third. Chris Reski scored for St Austell, who ended the game with ten men after Martin Giles was sent off.

Falmouth almost took the lead on nine minutes when Jones flicked Ollie Moody’s throw-in into the path of Jordan Annear, but his shot was blocked by St Austell keeper Jason Chapman.

Town’s opener came on 20 minutes when Annear led a counter-attack into the St Austell half before playing in Jones, who fired into the top corner from just inside the box.

Jones nearly grabbed a second six minutes later but was superbly denied by Chapman, before Ryan Barnes performed similar heroics to deny Mark Goldsworthy shortly after.

St Austell were level moments after half-time when Joe Cooper brought down Liam Eddy in the box. Barnes tipped Chris Reski’s spot-kick onto the post but Reski converted the rebound.

The hosts began to dominate but found themselves behind again in the 64th minute, when Jones took advantage of a howler from Chapman to tap into an empty net.

St Austell began to lay siege to the Falmouth goal, but Barnes was equal to all that they threw at him, saving Eddy’s shot before tipping Will Tinsley’s effort onto the crossbar.

Falmouth put daylight between themselves and their opponents on 74 minutes when Luke Brabyn’s through ball split the St Austell defence, and Annear stroked the ball into the corner.

A disappointing afternoon for the home side was complete when defender Martin Giles was shown a second yellow card for a foul on Jones in the 89th minute.

Packet Pick: Ryan Barnes – Falmouth probably would not have won without five or six excellent saves from their goalkeeper.

Falmouth: R Barnes, A Frier, O Moody, J Ward, J Cooper (c), R Martt (J Webber 59), L Brabyn, D Broglino (T Annear 72), M Jones, J Annear, O Walker (H Clarke 59).

Falmouth visit Camelford on Wednesday evening before making the trip to Plymouth Argyle Reserves on Saturday.