Helston Athletic boss Matt Cusack is hoping the goal scoring form of Rubin Wilson continues for a long time after the striker scored twice in midweek as the Blues defeated local rivals Falmouth Town 2-1 in the Western League.

Wilson, who made the move to Kellaway Park along with seven others in the summer, bagged his fifth and sixth goals of the season as Athletic beat Town by the same scoreline as they did in the FA Cup on Saturday.

You can read the full match report here.

Speaking after the match the gaffer was pleased his acquisition continued his goalscoring run, but doesn't want his side to be over-reliant on the former Plymouth Argyle academy prospect. He said: "He stepped up to the plate. I said to the boys before the game 'it would be nice if someone else would score a goal!' Rubes and Rikki who served the first of his three game suspension tonight are the only ones who have scored so far. It would be good for someone else to step up. But Rubes has stepped up with two! We don't really mind who scores, he did what he has been brought here to do. He's in a rich vein of form and long may it continue."

Cusack also admitted that he had made a tactical tweak heading into the match with some tactical adjustments which included a call up former Wendron United defender Fred Walter who stepped in for the suspended Rikki Shepherd and after what was a sloppy start the manager believed that his decision paid off. He said: "I wasn't here on Saturday but I did have a chance to watch it back. Structurally there were some issues with how we performed on Saturday, particularly in the first half. We looked to address that tonight with a slightly different game plan. I felt that it took us ten minutes to get into that but once we adjusted our shape was good.

"Particularly off the ball, we limited Falmouth who have creative players, strong midfield, strong wide players and pace in their team.

"We limited them to very few chances, particularly in the first half. What we said is that for all of that effort in possession we have to do better with the ball. the first half was not good enough and that was very much the message at half time. Along with the chances we are creating we aren't making the keeper make a save.

"That was very much the message in the second half. Then obviously Rubes (Rubin Wilson) has stepped up with two goals, which he is there to do with the decisive and vital goals on the night. I felt that we could have seen the game out a little bit better towards the end. i felt that we should have slowed the game down where possible. We also gave away some naive set plays. Falmouth are really good from set plays they have been for many years they are well drilled. I felt that that was an area that could have come back to bite us but luckily we managed to see it out."

Cusack also praised Helston's reactivity to get back on the front foot after Falmouth had levelled. Helston's former winger Alex Wharton had equalled up the scores after Luke Brabyn's shot was spilled by Cory Harvey. But straight from the off substitute Jude Tripconey got away down the left and found Copp with a cross. And though his effort was scuffed Wilson was there to bury home to win the derby.

"You want to do it as quick as possible (get the next goal), you never anticipate that it is going to be that quick." The manager began. "They'll be a bit disappointed with that, they'd just got back into the game then we scored really quickly. We probably caught them cold there but they put us under pressure at the end which is what happens. We played a lot of minutes there, I'm not sure where all that time came from but we played what it was. They put us under with numerous set plays but luckily we managed to held out."

Helston will now play Torpoint Athletic in their next game away at the east Cornwall side who are yet to record a league victory so far this season.